We are excited to share our Spring programs and events with the community. This page is updated as new programs are added, so check back here regularly!
As always, LTCES aims to make our programs accessible. If cost is a barrier, please email email@example.com. Bursaries are available.
Once a week, on Thursday evenings, the community is invited to meet in the fabulous new art room at Lake Trail Community School and connect over creativity!
Drop-in Community Art Nights provide a positive space to make arts and crafts together. No prior art-making experience necessary. There will be lots of supplies on hand and hosts to help with projects, or bring your own and work in the company of others.
This program is a collaboration between Lake Trail Community Education Society (LTCES) and Comox Valley Arts (CV/A).
Art night drop ins are a great opportunity for creating community with neighbours and sharing intergenerational learning and stories while working with your hands. All ages and abilities are welcome and encouraged.
A suggested donation of $5 is accepted towards supplies, but not necessary if cost is a barrier. Come for the full two hours, or just drop in for a little while.
For the spring session, we are pleased to welcome two community artisans.
- Patricia Cribb-Baskin is a maker who hand binds books, knits, weaves, spins and hand sews.
- Larissa McLean is a painter, print-maker, gardener and art instructor.
Overdose Response Workshop
Tuesday, May 24
FREE & open to anyone in the Comox Valley.
Held in the Learning Commons at Lake Trail Community School.
Go HERE to register.
The workshop will cover various topics related to substance use, including:
- The principles of harm reduction
- How to recognize an overdose (opioid and stimulant)
- Proper disposal of syringes
- Stigma and substance use
- How to start a conversation with youth about substance use
- Hands-on Naloxone training – the most effective way to save a life in the case of opioid drug poisoning.
Community Connections Day - Saturday, May 7th!
LTCES is thrilled to announce our first (maybe annual?) FREE Community Connections Day at Lake Trail Community School on Saturday, May 7th!
All are welcome to join us for a full day of *FREE* workshops and activities:
- Explore ways we can build resilience for our families and friends
- Workshops specifically for youth, parents/caregivers
- Indigenous learning opportunities
- Community art projects, yoga, and more.
- Enjoy a casual FREE LUNCH while you ask community experts your questions
Whether you come as an individual, or as a family, we hope you will join us. All ages welcome!
The Community Connections Day is a part the Comox Valley Community Resilience Month, in partnership with Children and Youth Matter Comox Valley.
Community supports and partners include; the Comox Valley Community Foundation, UIWONA Society, Comox Valley Child Development Association, Lush Valley Food Action Society, CVAG Youth Media Project, Comox Valley Lifelong Learning Centre, Comox Valley Arts, Lake Trail Community School, along with many community facilitators and art animators.
We are so grateful!
For a full list of events happening throughout May as part of the Comox Valley Community Resilience Month, go HERE!