LTCES is Hiring!
Canada Summer Jobs 2020
Program and Administrative Support Postion
Canada Summer Jobs is an initiative of the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy, which aims to provide flexible and holistic services to support all young Canadians develop the skills and gain paid work experience to successfully transition in the labour market.
Lake Trail Community Education Society is seeking a vibrant young worker between the ages of 15-30 to fill the role of Program and Administrative Support over the summer months. This position provides valuable work experience with a dynamic community not for profit.
- Program development
- Working alongside Guest Facilitators
- Program Facilitation
- Outreach and Promotions
- Day to day administration
- Liaison with community members, volunteers, and school staff
In light of Covid-19, LTCES staff and board are preparing safety measures for community programming. There will likely be a mix of small outdoor group programs in controlled environments, and online offerings.
Under the supervision and mentorship of the Community Garden Coordinator:
- Routine garden maintenance in the Lake Trail Community School Garden
Skills and Qualifications:
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office
- Social Media (Facebook / Instagram) and WordPress an asset
- Community outreach and engagement
- Collection of funds and cash handling
- Gardening, horticulture, sustainable/organic experience an asset
- Previous Non-Profit experience a strong asset
- A genuine interest in community building
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people (staff, volunteers, neighbours /clients)
- Ability to multitask and work independently
As the LTCES office is in a school building with limited access due to Covid-19, candidates should have the ability to work from home as needed. Some flexibility in hours is required (to be discussed during interviews)
Hours and Compensation:
- The position is 20 hours p/ week for 12 weeks, with a tentative start date of June 8th.
- Compensation is $15/hour
How to Apply:
- Please submit your resume and cover letter by May 31st to: LTCMSCoordinator@SD71.bc.ca
- Interviews take place the week of June 1st.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest however, only those applicants who are short listed for an interview will be contacted.
LTCES welcomes input, involvement, and support from the community.
Join us as a member, volunteer, sponsor, donor, or facilitator.
We value the input and ideas of our community. Pick up a membership form at the LTCES office.
Join our Volunteer Work Parties in the Lake Trail Community School Garden. Beginners to skilled gardeners welcome.
Salad Bar Sponsorship
Discover how you can support this healthy foods program.
Salad Bar Volunteers
The salad bar team prepares and serves a weekly, nutritious meal, free of charge to Lake Trail students.
Stop by the LTCES office to donate in person. Online option coming soon.
Until then, contact Lake Trail's Community School Coordinator:
LTCES acknowledges the following financial supporters:
Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development – BC Gaming
Vancouver Island Health Authority – Island Health Wellness Grant
School District #71
Employment and Social Development Canada – Canada Summer Jobs
Farm to Cafeteria Canada
United Way Central and Northern Vancouver Island