Canada Summer Jobs – Program and Administrative Support
*** Please note that the position below is now filled… BUT we may have opportunity for a shorter-term, six week, part time position. Details will be posted in the coming week.
One of the highlights of the year is welcoming youth into our staff team through the Canada Summer Jobs program. This spring and summer, we have opportunity for one youth, aged 15 to 30, to join us as we develop creative programming and support for our community.
The Program and Administrative Support position provides valuable work experience with a dynamic community not for profit. The placement provides a balance of mentorship and opportunity to work independently, learning and practicing skills in the areas of youth and community programs; outreach and promotions; administrative support; and garden maintenance. Under the direction of the Community School Coordinator, the placement will liaison with the Garden Coordinator, school staff and volunteers.
All youth are eligible to apply; you no longer need to be going back to school full time in the fall.
- Remuneration: $16 p/hour
- 21 hours p/week for 13 weeks
- Start date as soon as possible
- Applications are accepted until the position is filled. So long as the posting is up, the position is not yet filled.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in LTCES; however, only those applicants who are short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
Job Description Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Community School Coordinator:
- Preparations and on-site facilitation support of summer programs.
- Day to day administration.
- Liaison with community members, volunteers, and school staff.
- Outreach and promotions support.
Under the supervision of the Community Garden Coordinator:
- Routine community garden maintenance.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office
- Social Media (Facebook / Instagram) an asset
- Comfortable working with volunteers and community members, all ages
- Collection of funds and cash handling
- Ability to work independently
- Friendly and community minded
- Gardening, horticulture, sustainable/organic an asset
- Previous Non-Profit experience a strong asset
LTCES welcomes input, involvement, and support from the community.
Join us as a member, volunteer, sponsor, donor, or facilitator.
Find out more about membership with LTCES.
Join our Volunteer Work Parties in the Lake Trail Community School Garden. Beginners to skilled gardeners welcome.
Salad Bar Sponsorship
Discover how you can support this healthy foods program.
Salad Bar Volunteers
The salad bar team prepares and serves a weekly, nutritious meal, free of charge to Lake Trail students.
E-transfers can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once sent, email LTCMSCoordinator@sd71.bc.ca with your information and we will issue a charitable tax receipt.
Until then, contact Lake Trail's Community School Coordinator:
LTCES acknowledges the following financial supporters:
Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development – BC Gaming
School District #71
Employment and Social Development Canada – Canada Summer Jobs
Farm to Cafeteria Canada
United Way Central and Northern Vancouver Island
Canadian Red Cross
Comox Valley Community Foundation